So, this morning was just one of those days where I stare at a seemingly full closet of clothing and deem nothing worth draping onto my body. I look in my dresser, also full of clothes, and I thought that I had found a skirt worth wearing, but then I think, what shirt? which shoes? *throws skirt back into the draw* UGH.
Some days dressing comes with such ease, combinations of things sync in such an amazing way! But today? Yeah, not happening. Its as if all the great outfits I once owned have been eating my Monday Morning itself, and I’m left with these random pieces that clash in the ugliest ways. Then the frustration sits in, and I settle for the simplest thing I can possibly find.
LET’S TAKE A STEP BACK HERE: I BARELY own what could be classified as simple clothing. I hate basics, and thats probably one of my biggest issues, but the few I DO have don’t seem to solve my problems either. According to my girlfriend I’m “extra and on top of“. C’mon! I know I’m not the only woman in the world who would much rather wear ball gowns everywhere.
And I could care less about being overdressed.
Okay, enough of the dramatics.
The side effects of having nothing to wear are just too time consuming for me, especially in the early morning! So instead of being completely counterproductive and sulking in my lackluster fashion misery, I’ve decided I’d rant a little and then find a solution, & what better way to do so, than with a list!
Alyson’Marie’s Remedy to the Side Effects of Having Nothing to Wear!
- Shop With Everyday Life In Mind: Even if that means that I have to bring the level of fabulosity down a notch, for no other reason than practicality.
- Make Cohesive Purchases: I’m the queen of buying random pieces because I absolutely love them in the moment…but sometimes they don’t always work with what I already have at home.
- The Early Bird Is Far More CALM: In order to help the level of frustration due to time constraints, waking up a little bit earlier should help the process!
- Be Aware of The Season: I find myself most frustrated with having nothing to wear when the seasons are in the midst of changing; my brain has completely registered this seasons trends (I’m a brainwashed fashion student, after all!), but I haven’t actually made the time to go out and buy a few pieces that would help with feeling relevant to the season.
- Life is Way Bigger Than My Closet: Sometimes I just need to remind myself that “Its not that deep”.
- Stick to The Classics: Timeless pieces are perfection. It’s time I really start investing!
- &FINALLY: Screw what people think of what I’m wearing! Dress for the “feel good” you get when YOU look into the mirror. I don’t look for validity in others for my thoughts or my actions, so why should I when it comes to my looks?